Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm moving to the North Pole.

So I've been applying for jobs. And sometimes I apply for jobs that are longshots, or in places I wouldn't really want to go, because hey, any job is better than no job, right? Or something. And as much as I say I would be willing to go anywhere, there are still some places that I don't include in my definition of "anywhere". Like China. Or Florida. New Mexico. Arizona. Basically any place that is too foreign, or where the temperature regularly tops 110 in the summer.

Anyways, I'm thinking about applying for a job (that maybe I don't fill all the qualifications for, but I've got most of them, and it's worth a try). But you guys, it's in Yellowknife, CA- that's in the Northern Territories. Still not sure where that is? Visualize with me-


IT'S PRACTICALLY IN THE ARCTIC CIRCLE.

Oh, whew, I just checked, it's a full 512 KM south of the Arctic circle. AND it's nickname is "Diamond Capital of North America". SOLD.

(Also, I'm counting on a disproportionately high man to woman ration. I like the odds of that.)

5 comments:

  1. I would not have pegged you for a freezing frontier woman. I guess if you like polar bears and fur underthings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever, I'm totally tough. I can do it! And I like fur...but not for underthings...maybe i'd better re-think this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone said this Sunday from the pulpit that some woman moved to Alaska because there was like a 5-1 ratio of guys to girls and then he said something like The odds were in her favor, but the favors were odd...or something like that...I just ruined it but it was really funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe you said that about NM. I'm not sure how I feel right now...I need a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hey hey Loni it's just the weather! I can't handle it! But NM has the best people. Obvi. OBVIOUSLY. Plus like some Anasazi villages or something.

    ReplyDelete

Please know that (1) I LOVE comments, and (2) if you leave an anonymous comment, I will be driven insane wondering who you are.

I just told you how to simultaneously make me really happy and really crazy (well crazier than normal anyways). That's probably dangerous.