Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Trying to find a job is STRESSING ME OUT.

I haven't left the house in three days because of the snow.

Glee hasn't been on tv for A WHOLE MONTH.

I thought classes started tomorrow, and if it weren't for my department's student affairs coordinator, I would have no idea that they actually start today. THAT was almost a disaster. Once, at BYU, I actually did miss the first day of a class because I couldn't find the HRCB on the map (stupid, right?). I was mad.

Did I ever write about Black Swan? Because all of the above things are not good, but they're not exactly ruining my life. Do you know what did ruin my life? BLACK SWAN. If you are even thinking about watching it, DO NOT. Don't get more curious because I said that and go see it anyways. I am telling you, if you want your life to continue happy and carefree as it has hopefully been to this point, by all that is holy, DO NOT watch that movie. I thought to myself "Ooh, psychological thriller...ballet...what could possibly go wrong? This sounds basically amazing." Little did I know what awaited me was basically a few explicitly, agressively, and violently sexual encounters woven together by things like...oh, Winona Ryder stabbing herself repeatedly in the face with a metal nail file...and...a daughter beating up her mother and breaking her hand by slamming her fingers in a door- over and over and over again...and....lots of terrible bloody self-mutilation. Toned down, this could have been a great movie about one girl's descent into madness (although she really started the movie in madness so maybe descent isn't the correct word...). As it is, it's a two-hour shock-fest, where the shocks are indeed shocking, but have tenuous relevance to the story itself. Blurg.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes. Thanks for the run down. I pretty much just saw the movie in my head. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made my stomach turn upside down and almost throw up. and i didn't even see the movie! nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I just read this because it totally in my queue and I just removed it. On that note I have had no luck with movies lately so I should ask you about all of them first. Tell me about Green Hornet, the Switch, Conviction, Just Go with it, and Country Strong. Worth my time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well maybe clearplayed it might be bearable...it would be about 40 minutes long though. You would never like it. Green Hornet was ok and funny, The Switch was not good- they make home births look like a disgusting joke, which you probably wouldn't like since you were born at home, and it's just kind of blah, Conviction I didn't see because it only played for a couple of weeks and I guess I missed it, Just Go With It I didn't see because it looked terrible, Country Strong is...goofy but I still liked it. Because of the goofiness, not despite it. Sad ending though- not sure how you'd feel about it.

    ReplyDelete

Please know that (1) I LOVE comments, and (2) if you leave an anonymous comment, I will be driven insane wondering who you are.

I just told you how to simultaneously make me really happy and really crazy (well crazier than normal anyways). That's probably dangerous.