Friday, May 21, 2010

I should probably wait until the good camera charges so I can take some better pictures of this, but I'm very impatient, and I need an opinion now. NOW. I'm making a book for a friend's wedding and I can't settle on the color of book cloth to use. And yes I realize that there may be some of you that warrant such a gift, but this is a recent trend and I'll get around to it.

Anyways, her colors are burgandy and pink and ivory (I think) and I found this pretty japanese paper that was the best combination of all of those. I originally bought ivory cloth to go with it.

I also bought some red cloth that (in real life) pretty exactly matches the burgundy/red color in the paper. I actually bought it for the book I'll be making for Craig and Nicole's wedding (yes, to all those of you who don't know, which shouldn't be any of you, Craig's getting married. I'm officially a spinster).

But then, on another trip to Paper Source in a different location, I bought some different cloth that I actually like better for Craig and Nicole's book, but which I realized also looks kind of fabulous with this paper for this book. It's a little darker than the other red and is very shiny, more like a satin-type cloth that the matte basic coarser weave of the first two choices (and of typical bookcloth for you bookbinders).

And now I have too many choices and I can't decide. The ivory might be nice, but as it's ivory and get's dirty easily, I would make the case out of one of the red cloths. Or should I just choose one of the reds and do that for the whole thing? But which red? I DON'T KNOW. I do like the color of the first red better, it matches more exactly, but the finish of the second one is so much prettier. Or is red too bold and I should just stick with ivory?

Or be boring and go with black or brown. Or natural. Or purple ooooooo.

Usually I am awesome with these things, but this paper isn't something I would choose on my own (though I know she'll love it) so I don't know what would work best.

Edit: And actually after publishing this post, these pictures are just too crappy. I will try and take some better ones tomorrow. Phones aren't good cameras. Go figure.

1 comment:

Please know that (1) I LOVE comments, and (2) if you leave an anonymous comment, I will be driven insane wondering who you are.

I just told you how to simultaneously make me really happy and really crazy (well crazier than normal anyways). That's probably dangerous.