Friday, February 1, 2013

Eva's

Have you been to Eva's Bakery yet? It's my new weekly lunch treat. On Wednesdays I work a reference shift from 12-2:30 and then take an incredibly late lunch and wander down the street to this sparkling, adorable gem of a bakery/cafe. I mean JUST LOOK at that facade. I DIE. It's so cute. (wait until you go inside, it gets even better). So far I've tried the savory bread pudding (cheesy and vegetable-y and warm and delicious- comfort food to the max, with a tiny side salad of mixed greens so you can feel good about eating a large slab of cream-soaked bread), the turkey and brie croque monsieur (like an open-faced cheesy melty sandwich- nothing to complain about there), but what I really love so far are the pastries. The fruit flavored pastries taste like heaven. Their tangerine bar is like a California summer- with a sharp, fresh bite of tangerine. The only other one I've had was some sort of apricot pinwheel, and I love apricots, but I have no idea where/how they found apricots that taste that wonderful at this time of year (or who they had to kill), but they succeeded. I'm excited for further carbventures. 

(photo from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know that (1) I LOVE comments, and (2) if you leave an anonymous comment, I will be driven insane wondering who you are.

I just told you how to simultaneously make me really happy and really crazy (well crazier than normal anyways). That's probably dangerous.