Thursday, October 6, 2011

So lately I've been kind of (I mean completely) obsessed with quilting. This is A HUGE PROBLEM for many reasons, but mainly because I usually lack the follow-through to actually stick with such a large project from start to finish. The result? A build up of quilt tops and of unused fabric. The actual quilting and binding are always super daunting to me.

I'm feeling better about it now because I'm actually quilting and nearly ready to bind the first of this recent spate of quilts. After that I've got one finished top, one pile of fabric already cut and ready for sewing, and then a pile of uncut fabric ready to be turned into something fabulous. So that's four. BUT (and this is part of the thing that keeps me hopping from project to project) I get distracted by new patterns and fabrics very easily. My latest obsession? I reheheally want to make this pattern:

With these fabrics:

Oooooh preeetttyyyy.

Make me stop please.

2 comments:

  1. Quilting is the devil's candy. I don't dare even touch it because i don't have any will power to know when to stop buying fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW, right? I had to finally really clamp down on my fabric buying because every time I went to the store to pick up something for a project I was working on, I saw something that I *needed* to add to my stash. It's all under control now, but ooooh the temptation is SO strong.

    This is exactly the same as when I took bookbinding and started collecting paper indiscriminately thinking I would of course use it all someday. Now it's filling about three boxes that sit under my crafting tables. THERE IS SO MUCH OF IT, Kristin. What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete

Please know that (1) I LOVE comments, and (2) if you leave an anonymous comment, I will be driven insane wondering who you are.

I just told you how to simultaneously make me really happy and really crazy (well crazier than normal anyways). That's probably dangerous.