Thursday, July 14, 2011

Two things

Two things that made me smirk inwardly on the way to my office this morning.

First, as I was getting through the employees only door (I don't know what to call it), there was someone right behind me. I waited and held the door open for him, mumbling as I did so "here you go!" (if mumbled statements can be punctuated with exclamation points). His response? "You're welcome!!" Whatever dude, *I* held the door open for *you*.

Second, as I was getting off the elevator on my floor, there was an older man walking past the elevator alcove- he's a staff member, but I have no idea what he does or who he really is. Anyways, as he was walking past, he looked at me with the most highly raised eyebrow I've ever seen- a look that said "YOU? Again? Really. Wearing that?" And any number of other smarmy statements. It was just so unexpected I had to laugh.

ALSO. I drove to work today b/c I have errands to run during lunch, and they've been re-painting the lines in the parking garage- section by section, so they'll gate off a section for a couple of days with movable metal barricades while they paint it. Anyways, I tried to turn a corner and didn't quite make it and totally ran into one of the barricades this morning. Luckily it's a very light metal (apparently) and I just kind of shoved it aside. With my boat-car. That was actually the thing that made me laugh the most this morning- there were people around, what can you do but laugh? So that's really three things. Not two. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know that (1) I LOVE comments, and (2) if you leave an anonymous comment, I will be driven insane wondering who you are.

I just told you how to simultaneously make me really happy and really crazy (well crazier than normal anyways). That's probably dangerous.