Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So My cousin Kristin came over tonight just to hang out and watch American Idol. This might not sound that amazing to you, but it is to me. For the following reason: My dad was in the Army for 25 years. We (my brothers and I) did not grow up around our extended family. Ever. We might have spent a week together here and a few days there, but never more than that. And most of that was when we lived in WA. Which we left when I was barely 8. So I have cousins, etc..., I love them, I've always wanted to spend more time with them, but we've never been able to. And my mom's family has been very...divided...since I can remember, so there was never a lot of incentive for the adults to spend the time together. Anyways, Kristin got married in November, and has been living in southwest Provo. But we still haven't hung out. Until now. And it was awesome! We have a family! I knew that already, but...I mean...they haven't really been a part of my life before. Not in a tangible way. Anyways, we had fun. And she set Craig up on a date. Which led to the best phone call I've ever witnessed...etc...

Going to St. George this weekend. Last time I went (back in June) was one of the best mini-holidays of my life. Relaxing, fun, spontaneous...wonderful. So we're going back!

I'm applying to grad schools but it stresses me out too much right now to actually talk about it. give it a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know that (1) I LOVE comments, and (2) if you leave an anonymous comment, I will be driven insane wondering who you are.

I just told you how to simultaneously make me really happy and really crazy (well crazier than normal anyways). That's probably dangerous.